How to Keep Hair Healthy and Growing
The very first thing is to avoid using expensive and toxin filled traditional products containing harsh & synthetic ingredients when it comes to hair care. Let nature guide you. There are several simple and all natural Hair care products nowadays which are formulated with gentle ingredients. These organic formulations can effectively get you long and lustrous hair that you always wanted. Here are some tips as to what you should and should not do in order to keep your hair healthy and growing.
- Avoid Harmful Ingredients Like Sulfate – These are compounds which are derived from sulfuric acid. Sulfates are found in most of the commercial shampoos on the market today. This harmful ingredient is usually added as it creates lather when applied to hair. However, at the same time sulfates strip vital natural oils from hair which are meant to help hair stay healthy and strong. Eventually, sulfates result in making hair brittle and dull and which break easily. It is now a well-known fact that sulfate-free shampoo is the first step towards longer and healthy hair.
- Use Shampoo Less Frequently – Everyone desires a clean scalp. Especially so after jogging, playing outdoors or following a workout at the gym. It feels so light and cool after washing sweat and grime from hair in a bath. However, it would be sensible to try and reduce exposure of hair to shampoo. Just 2 or 3 times in a week should be good enough for most people. But if you are bent on shampooing every day make sure that your shampoo is gentle and of course free of sulfates. It would also be ideal to follow it up with good and natural moisturizers like almond or jojoba oils.
- Do Not Style Wet Hair – Never style wet hair simply because they are brittle and more susceptible to damage from styling or brushing. This is especially true when you use heat from a flat iron or blow dryer. It would be better if you let hair air dry in order to avoid unnecessary breakage. In unavoidable circumstances, if you urgently need to brush hair after washing, it would be responsible to choose a wide-tooth comb or hair pick. Use the lowest heat or no heat setting if you need to blow dry with a diffuser. Irons with ceramic plates are better for hair than plastic, although they may cost more.
- Protect Hair – External environmental factors can also lead to unhealthy hair and scalp. It would be ideal to wear a scarf or apply natural UV protection when you venture outside in order to keep harmful rays of the sun from damaging your hair. Beware of harsh chemicals or swimming pools full of chlorine. It would be better that you wear a hair cap while swimming in order to shield hair from harmful chemicals. It would also be ideal to avoid using hair bands or metal clasps so as to avoid pulling out or breaking hair while removing them. Pulling hair too tight for tail or braids can also be damaging. Why not just wear it down and show you healthy hair.
- Regularly Massage Scalp – While massaging the scalp feels good, it also stimulates hair follicles and increases microcirculation in scalp at the same time. Scalp massage also improves mental function and relieves tension. It would be ideal to set aside some time and simply focus on scalp massage. You can also sneak in a quick head rub anytime if you are leading a busy life. Combine deep breathing with scalp massage to de-stress and calming yourself. Natural oils like chamomile or argan can be used for massage as they are excellent for skin and hair.
Ristrah’s Natural Scalp Serum
All Ristrah hair care products contain natural ingredients and are 100% vegan. They are also free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, alcohol, petrochemicals, silicone and artificial fragrance. Ristrah Natural Scalp Serum helps in relieving dry, itchy, flaky and irritated scalp. It also strengthens hair and helps in maintaining a healthy scalp. Other natural ingredients which go into the making of Natural Scalp Serum are lupine extract, clover extract, moisturizing aloe, hibiscus and vitamin B5. It is easy to apply. Just take a small amount to fingertips or directly apply to scalp and massage throughout scalp in circular motion. Leave it for at least 30 minutes or overnight for best results, before washing with a mild shampoo. It is recommended that you use Natural Scalp Serum 2 to 3 times every week for best results.