10 Monsoon Skin Care Tips For Healthy, Glowing Skin
Your normal skin care routine won’t cut it in the rains. You need to be more strategic with skin care in monsoon.
The number 1 thing to remember for skin care in rainy season is to keep your skin away from dampness. Sounds hard but it’s not. This is because damp skin to microbes and fungi is what a candy store is to a child. These can result in all sorts of skin problems ranging from irritation and rashes to ringworm. Here is the perfect monsoon skin care routine to combat skin issues.
10 Essential Tips For Skin Care In Rainy Season
1. Cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day to remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores.
2. You must tone your skin and to do so opt for the non-alcoholic variety; these help even out your skin’s pH balance and also bring a glow to your skin.
3. The humidity that the rains bring can dry your skin something awful. Use a nourishing moisturizer like Olay Total Effects Day Creamto make your skin moist, supple and healthy.
4. If oily skin is your problem then moisturizers that are water based are a great option to help keep oil secretion in check.
5. Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
6. It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
7. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses throughout the day. Humidity can make you sweat a lot and skin that doesn’t have enough moisture can look pale and dull.
8. While shampooing and conditioning your hair twice a week will suffice during any other season you might want to do so more frequently during the monsoons. This is because the humidity that is pervasive during the wet spell makes you sweat; and sweat makes it easy for grime and germs to latch on to your skin.
9. Monsoon is not the time to experiment with artificial jewellery especially if you have sensitive skin. The humidity in the air will increase the risk of a breakout.
10. Make your own homemade face peels and packs using ingredients from your kitchen. They are natural and will do a world of good for your skin.
Monsoon Skin Care Routine: The Don’ts
1. Don’t shower with steaming hot water. It will make your skin capillaries weak and cause skin damage.
2. Don’t cleanse in a hurry; not cleansing adequately translates to bacterial invasion which then triggers breakouts.
Monsoon Skin Care Routine: The Do’s
1. Do eat wholesome meals which include good fats because they are pivotal in repairing damaged skin and also retaining moisture.
2. Do let your feet breathe. Wearing closed footwear will make your feet sweat, which in turn will lead to fungal and bacterial infections. Instead wear waterproof footwear like sandals and floaters.
3. Do make sure when you go for a pedicure that the tools are sterilized. While most salons do maintain hygienic conditions, wet spells make it hard to do so. Check that all the tools are disinfected; if required ask them to do so in front of you.
Original Source: rewardme.in
Image Source: Google.com