Get Your Skin Summer Ready With These 14 Tips
With summer approaching, preparing your face is essential for fresh looking skin.When that sun begins to beam down, think less is more. A full face of makeup is more than likely to melt off quicker than it took to apply and what a shame that would be. Most people prefer to wear minimal makeup during the day. A go to look is often, soft dewy skin that is not only radiant but flawless too! But, to achieve this desired look without melting makeup, a clear and even base is required. This is easily achievable with minimal effort by shifting the focus that is usually retained to create a heavy duty look, into a refined skincare routine. Provide yourself with a glowing canvas to create a fresh and beautifully effortless.
- Drink water regularly. Hydration is the key to a clear complexion. Not only that, but it makes your skin softer and smoother. Adequate water intake throughout the day makes the skin more elastic, resilient and leaves it looking plump.Well hydrated skin may decrease oil on the skin, keeping a balance of oil and water, which can reduce breakouts and blemishes.
- A Salicylic acidbased face wash, has many benefits that simple scrubbing does not. The acid will gently remove dead skin allowing for a deeper penetration of active ingredients provided by your other skincare items. It has also been known to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores and combating acne breakouts.
- Invest in an oil free moisturise. Water based or gel based products are known for hydrating the skin continually throughout the day adding the longevity of the benefits created by drinking water.
- Use an exfoliating face wash or face masks every 3 days (or as directed). This will not only remove any congestion on the skin but will also keep the skin looking blemish free.
- Use a facial serum the know benefit are hydration, nourishment and brightening. Some serums can also combat aging and provide acne prevention. They also help in strengthening skincells as face serums can contain a percentage of active ingredient as high as up to 70 per cent! Amp up your anti- oxidants as they are key in the summer. By introducing them your will fight the presence or prevent sunspots forming.
- Warmer months can cause the area around the eyes to swell. Appling an eye cream twice daily will not only provide moisture to the sensitive area, but also decrease puffiness and fight signs of aging.
- Keep a facial mist close to hand so you can mist your face and body while out in the heat. These mists come packed with antioxidants and in addition strengthen your skin’s outer layer.
- The most effective way to exfoliate during the summer is to use a scrub on dry skin before you shower. Pay special attention to knees and elbows. And finish with a rich body cream or oil within three minutes of towelling off. This will enable the moisturiser to penetrate the skin while the pores are still open increasing the absorption of active ingredients into the skin.
- Cool down your shower temperature. By taking a cool shower after excess sweating, this will help keep the skin uncongested, thus decreasing acne breakouts. Hot showers after sun exposure further dry skin-turn down the temperature and you’ll pick up a few added benefits.
- Fight body acne with an antibacterial soap. If you are a morning or a night time shower person, this two-step system is a sure-fire way to battle the body blemishes. Wash down the entire body daily and pat dry. The patting will aggravate sensitive skin less than a rubbing motion will. Use an anti-blemish pad or wipe on the flip side of the day to provide skin with ingredients the fight breakout without drying out the skin with a second shower.
- Prep your lips with a lip balm. Your lips are ultra-sensitive and need added moisture. Lips have few oil glands and can get chapped, even in summer. UVA protection is needed for this delicate area of skin so done not neglect your pout.
- Prime your skin. Adding a primer to the skin not only adds to the wear time of the makeup you apply but it provides a layer between the skin and the products you do place on top. This additional weightless layer will protect your makeup by locking from absorbing the oil in which your skin releases.
- Protect your largest organ. Sunscreen should become part of your regular routine. When you will be outside for an extended time, you need to be sure you’re applying one that’s broad-spectrum. Look for a sunscreen with stable UVA shields, like Mexoryl and Helioplex, which can be used on the body, too.
- Do not forget to protect your hands! The thin skin on your hands will ages quicker than the rest of your body, so be sure to apply sun cream daily.
These minor tweaks to your daily routine will not just provide you with a stunning canvas to apply makeup to but will also prevent ageing and boost your confidence too!